https://www.besteasywork.com/BEW.gif
promote ebook
HAVE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Paul Cox Speaks on Rebellion and Witchcraft

Rebellion and Witchcraft

In a remarkable passage, Samuel expands our understanding of witchcraft. Saul once again was disobedient to the will of the Lord. Because Saul has not obeyed the Lord in eliminating all of the sheep, Samuel has some words to say to Saul!

"Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft..."—1 Samuel 15:22-23

So, witchcraft is the same as rebellion. But how? Rebellion is "opposition to one in authority." The Hebrew word mâriy is derived from the word marah meaning "to be contentious, be rebellious, be refractory, be disobedient towards, be rebellious against."

The word is most used in terms of "rebellion" against the ways commanded by God. What, then, is the connection between witchcraft and rebellion? Over the years, I have read several explanations of why witchcraft is the same as rebellion. Frankly, the explanations, although interesting, have not been satisfying. The Lord was about to show us something new.

Further revelation was to come. After showing many different schools what the Lord had shown me, I thought, "If indeed someone is stealing anointing from us and shifting it into witchcraft, then who is that "someone?" As I felt under the flow of witchcraft, I was surprised that indeed I did feel something. As I felt the spiritual outline of that entity, I realized it was a "spiritual force."

Spiritual forces are mentioned in Ephesians 6:12: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

It is my belief that these beings are in some way "inter dimensional" because Scripture tells us that they war in "heavenly places." I sense these fallen "spiritual forces" pervert the anointing of the Lord, corrupting that anointing and changing it into witchcraft.

A full day of discussion had taken place. The prayer was written and we prayed the prayer. I waited to see a difference, but there was no change. Had we missed the mark? As I went to bed that night, the ringing was still continuing. Could I live like this? As I escaped my sleep the next morning, I was aware there was something different. There was no more ringing. The prayer had worked!


No comments: