https://www.besteasywork.com/BEW.gif
promote ebook
HAVE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

An Attitude of Heart - Lord make me over

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart,
O God, thou wilt not despise" (Ps. 51:17).

The Bible says, "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud" (Prov. 16:18-19). The opposite of pride is humility, and humility is the attitude of heart that comes when we fully recognize our brokenness before God.

"But He giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you... Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up" (James 4:6-7, 10).

There is no doubt about it, we need the Lord, now more than ever. Ask Him to create in you a clean heart, and renew a steadfast spirit within you. Resulting in the restoration of the Joy of your salvation. Now, go ahead and do it, He is waiting.




Lord, I know that without you I can do nothing, but through you I can do all things, because you strengthen me. Therefore, I humble myself before your greatness, and I totally submit my life to you. As I draw near to you, I know you are drawing near to me. Thank you Lord, Amen.

No comments: