https://www.besteasywork.com/BEW.gif
promote ebook
HAVE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

Thursday, June 28, 2018

How To Get Through It!

Some of the wisest, most loving, and well-rounded people you have ever met are likely those who have known misery, known defeat, known the heartbreak of losing something or someone they loved, and have found their way out of the depths of their own despair.

These people have experienced many ups and downs, and have gained an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, understanding and a deep loving wisdom.  People like this aren’t born; they develop slowly over the course of time.

It's because they chose to think and feel differently. Here's a quote from the Greek philosopher Epictetus, "We cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them."

It's easy to forget that we have this choice when we're caught in the current of strong emotions, especially fear, despair, or anger; and yes, sometimes our pain looms so large that it seems immutable.

But, we can always choose how we respond; and this choice begins in how we talk to ourselves about our circumstances. For example, a man who had been unexpectedly fired from a job he loved was shocked, angry, and despondent, and nothing seemed to help.

Then finally he began to listen to what he was saying to himself about the situation and realize it was all negative; you see, it doesn't matter how good you are, other people can break you in a minute.

What we say to ourselves about what's happening to us has a profound impact on how we feel about it. So, what would you say to yourself every day when faced with difficult challenges? Now, here's is what:
  • Moses would say, "Lord, if You don't go with us or before us, we are not going anywhere."
  • Abraham would say, "The Lord will provide."
  • Jacob would say, "I won't let go of You unless You bless me."
  • Joshua would say, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
  • Samuel would say, "Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening."
  • Nehemiah would say, "The joy of the Lord is my strength."
  • David would say, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." _and "This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it."_
  • Solomon would say, "Trust in the Lord, oh my soul, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path."
  • Isaiah would say, "Arise and shine for my Glory has come." and "No weapon formed against me shall prosper."
  • Jeremiah would say, "The Lord has plans to prosper me and not to harm or fail me."
  • Jabez would say, "Oh, that you may bless me and enlarge my territory."
  • Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego would say, "We will not bow down to any image but will serve     the Lord."
  • Ezekiel would say, "Any dry bones in my life, live again."
They were able to look pass their circumstances and put their trust in Almighty God because He cares; you can rest assured, "In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us" (Rom. 8:37).

Choose your daily statement of faith. Meditate on it! Speak it every morning. Look at tough times as an opportunity to learn, grow or improve your situation.

Now, could you please share this with someone else, and let them know that God loves them? I just did!

No comments: